Goodwill is currently paying a possible total $600 sign-on bonus payable in
$200 increments following 2 week, 30 day and 60 days of completed employment! Join our team today!
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Assist the Store Manager with all such tasks necessary for efficient operation of the store. Responsible for management of retail store in manager’s absence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (NOTE: Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodation will be made.)
- Assist the Store Manager in training, challenging, and motivating store personnel to enable the store to attain its performance goals and to be an enjoyable place in which to work.
- Along with the Sales Floor Supervisor, oversight of and, as needed, assist with the work performed on the sales floor which includes, but is not limited to, salvaging, stocking, organizing, and cleanliness.
- Assist with ensuring all procedures related to store work activity are adhered to and documented as required.
- Along with the Back Room Supervisor, oversight of and, as needed, assist with the work performed in the donation area and donation center which includes, but is not limited to, organizing donations as they arrive, processing of and getting quality product to the floor in order to meet daily goals, determining items to be separated out for e-commerce, etc.
- Assist the Store Manager in creating an exciting shopping environment each and every day.
- Maintain store, including opening and closing, as requested by manager.
- Serve as a positive role model to employees.
- Along with the store supervisors, responsible for quantity and quality control of product coming into the store, product processing, movement of product to the sales floor, salvaging, etc.
- Back up cashier as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive image in the community for Goodwill Industries of Greater Nebraska and developing good relations with customers, donors, co-workers, and guests.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Timely arrival at the workplace and consistent attendance.
- Perform work activities in conformance to Goodwill Values Statement which includes the values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Stewardship, Learning, Teamwork and Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Immediately report any wrongdoing, unethical or improper conduct, fraud, fiscal mismanagement or misappropriation of funds, etc. (Refer to the Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure for instructions on how to report.)
- Encourage and do not hinder in any way an employee making a report pertaining to Goodwill’s Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure or making a report of work injury.
- Ensure no employee is retaliated against in any way as a result of making a report related to Goodwill’s Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure or making a report of work injury.
- Welcome and embrace cultural diversity in all areas of Goodwill, i.e. customers, donors, volunteers, employees, or participants served.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) years experience working with the public.
- Supervisory experience.
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license and meet insurance requirements.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to communicate in spoken conversation, adequate volume speech, and have normal hearing for conversation and telephone use.
- Ability to be independently mobile on all surfaces and situations, to move safely about the work area.
- Visual acuity, depth perception and field of vision within normal range.
- Have the physical stamina to work at least 8 hours per day and be able to lift, carry, push, pull objects weighing up to 50#, frequently lifting 25#.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Need good verbal communication skills to be able to explain work procedures to workers, assigning tasks to them.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions based on the circumstances/facts at hand.
- Ability to interact and meet with people, cooperate with other workers in a pleasant and friendly manner, and deal with people in an effective way.
- Ability to count money and do math operations quickly and correctly.
HOURS: Variable over seven-day week. Will include some evenings, weekends and holidays.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE: Matching 403b Retirement, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long & Short Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Vacation, Holiday, and Sick pay.
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer/and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status/Drug Free Employer.
To apply for this job please visit goodwillne.org.