Goodwill is currently paying a possible total $600 sign-on bonus payable in
$200 increments following 2 week, 30 day and 60 days of completed employment! Join our team today!
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
LOCATION: Grand Island, Webb Road
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Provide positive leadership and help train/support the team members of the store. Provide excellent customer service and perform such tasks as are necessary for efficient operation of the donation and processing areas of the retail store. Responsible for management of the retail store in manager’s absence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (NOTE: Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodation will be made.)
- Oversight of and assist with the work performed in the donation area and donation center which includes, but is not limited to, organizing donations as they arrive, processing of and getting quality product to the floor in order to meet daily goals, determining items to be separated out for e-commerce, etc.
- Maintain store, including opening and closing, as requested by manager.
- Serve as a positive role model to employees.
- Assist with training and development of employees at manager’s request.
- Responsible for quantity and quality control in processing area.
- Responsible for donation area, ensuring each donor is greeted and offered a receipt.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive image in the community for Goodwill Industries of Greater Nebraska and developing good relations with customers, donors, co-workers, and guests.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Timely arrival at the workplace and consistent attendance.
- Inform customers of seasonal and permanent promotions (i.e. monthly coupons, in-store specials, etc.) and ask every customer who purchases items if they would like to round-up their purchase.
- Perform work activities in conformance to Goodwill Values Statement which includes the values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Stewardship, Learning, Teamwork and Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Immediately report any wrongdoing, unethical or improper conduct, fraud, fiscal mismanagement or misappropriation of funds, etc. (Refer to the Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure for instructions on how to report.)
- Encourage and do not hinder in any way an employee making a report pertaining to Goodwill’s Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure or making a report of work injury.
- Ensure no employee is retaliated against in any way as a result of making a report related to Goodwill’s Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure or making a report of work injury.
- Welcome and embrace cultural diversity in all areas of Goodwill, i.e. customers, donors, volunteers, employees, or participants served.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) years experience working with the public.
- Prior supervisory experience or experience being in a leadership role is preferred.
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license and meet insurance requirements.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to communicate in spoken conversation, adequate volume speech, and have normal hearing for conversation.
- Ability to be independently mobile on all surfaces and situations, to move safely about the work area.
- The ability to stand/walk a majority of the work day.
- Visual acuity, depth perception and field of vision within normal range.
- Have the physical stamina to lift, carry, push, and pull objects weighing up to 50#, frequently up to 25 #.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Good verbal communication skills to be able to explain work procedures to workers and to assign tasks.
- Ability to interact and meet with people, cooperate with other workers in a pleasant and friendly manner, and deal with people in an effective way.
- Ability to take appropriate actions and decisions based on varying circumstances.
- Ability to count money and do math operations quickly and correctly.
HOURS: Variable over seven-day week. Will include some evenings, weekends and holidays.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long & Short Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Vacation, Holiday, and Sick pay, Matching 403b Retirement.
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer/and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status/Drug Free Employer.
To apply for this job please visit goodwillne.org.