Goodwill is currently paying a possible total $600 sign-on bonus payable in
$200 increments following 2 week, 30 day and 60 days of completed employment! Join our team today!
LOCATION: Grand Island Services
TITLE: CASE MANAGER
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for providing skill training and supports to individuals in vocational, community and home settings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (NOTE: Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodation will be made.)
- Provide information and act with the team to establish services, goals and objectives to meet each person’s needs and personal goals.
- Provide training and support as determined by the Individual Support Plan and Habilitation Specialist and implement positive behavioral intervention strategies as developed by Habilitation Specialist.
- Provide on-going support and assistance to participants in vocational, community and home settings.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining standards of safety for participants while providing services.
- Responsible for maintaining all needed documentation and record retention including Therap (electronic case management system).
- Responsible for maintaining physical case files for participants on caseload.
- Responsible for monthly reviews of programming and documenting changes as needed.
- Responsible for doing data checks and documentation of correction of these data checks.
- Responsible for assisting in production area with participants as needed (may involve lifting of up to 50 lbs.).
- Project a positive image of the organization and persons with disabilities in the community; promote inclusion.
- Timely arrival at the workplace and consistent attendance.
- Provides participant transportation as assigned.
- Perform work activities in conformance to Goodwill Values Statement which includes the values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Stewardship, Learning, Teamwork and Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Immediately report any wrongdoing, unethical or improper conduct, fraud, fiscal mismanagement or misappropriation of funds, etc. (Refer to the Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure for instructions on how to report.)
- Encourage and do not hinder in any way an employee making a report pertaining to Goodwill’s Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure or making a report of work injury.
- Ensure no employee is retaliated against in any way as a result of making a report related to Goodwill’s Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure or making a report of work injury.
- Welcome and embrace cultural diversity in all areas of Goodwill, i.e. customers, donors, volunteers, employees, or participants served.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience/knowledge of rehabilitation for persons with disabilities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A valid driver’s license issued in the state of Nebraska and meets all insurance requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to communicate in spoken conversation, adequate volume speech, and have normal hearing for conversation, telephone use and emergency information systems.
- Ability to be independently mobile on all surfaces and situations, to move safely about the work area.
- Visual acuity, depth perception and field of vision within normal range.
- Physical stamina to be standing and safely lift objects up to 50 pounds.
- Have the physical stamina to work at least 8 hours per day and be able to travel to conferences, seminars, etc.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to complete necessary records to perform job duties.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties which change frequently.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions using personal judgment and creative thinking.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge to inspect products and perform quality control.
- Well‑developed skills in activities involving teaching and observing.
- Ability to work with individuals who have learning, comprehension, communication, emotional, as well as physical or mobility limitation.
- Ability to work with people who have behavior issues and may become physically
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information and summarize data as to the identification of training/performance problems that need to be corrected.
- Ability to communicate effectively using both oral and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information and summarize data as to the identification of employment or performance problems/methods for correction.
- Knowledge of involvement with activities dealing with personal contact to help or instruct others. Demonstrate effective logical thinking to counsel others to define and solve personal problems.
- Ability to work in a wide variety of industrial or employment situations to train/evaluate individuals to include performing physical demands or duties at that site.
- Ability to utilize the Microsoft Office programs to complete required documentation.
HOURS: Approximately 37 to 40 hours per week, Hours /Days per week as assigned by supervisor. May include evenings and weekends.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long & Short Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Vacation, Holiday, and Sick pay & Matching 403b Retirement
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer/and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status/Drug Free Employer.
To apply for this job please visit goodwillne.org.