Goodwill is currently paying a possible total $600 sign-on bonus payable in
$200 increments following 2 week, 30 day and 60 days of completed employment! Join our team today!
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Assist customers and perform such tasks as necessary for successful/efficient operation of store including but not limited to the preparation of product for sale, movement of product to sales floor and then to recycling as appropriate, cashiering, and providing excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (NOTE: Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodation will be made.)
- Sort, containerize, label and/or otherwise prepare donated items for sale either in the store or via e-commerce, or possible eventual recycling.
- Salvage product according to procedure and complete corresponding documentation.
- Accurately check out customers and complete sales transactions at the cash register.
- Be able to maintain store, including opening and closing when requested by store manager.
- Keep store and surrounding area in a clean and pleasing appearance/condition with consideration for safety factors involving company employees, donors and the general public.
- Timely arrival at the workplace and consistent attendance as arranged by the Manager.
- Maintain a positive image in the community while developing and maintaining an excellent rapport with customers, donors, and other guests of Goodwill Industries of Greater Nebraska.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Inform customers of seasonal and permanent promotions (i.e. monthly coupons, in-store Specials, etc.) and ask every customer who purchases items, if they would like to round-up their purchase.
- Follow safety rules and all agency policies and procedures.
- Document incidents/accidents, supply requirements and other situations as may be required by supervisor. Report information in a timely manner. Maintain necessary paperwork.
- Perform work activities in conformance to Goodwill Values Statement which includes the values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Stewardship, Learning, Teamwork and Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Immediately report any wrongdoing, unethical or improper conduct, fraud, fiscal mismanagement or misappropriation of funds, etc. (Refer to the Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure for instructions on how to report.)
- Encourage and do not hinder in any way an employee making a report pertaining to Goodwill’s Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure or making a report of work injury.
- Ensure no employee is retaliated against in any way as a result of making a report related to Goodwill’s Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure or making a report of work injury.
- Welcome and embrace cultural diversity in all areas of Goodwill, i.e. customers, donors, volunteers, employees, or participants served.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a position which requires the providing of excellent customer service desirable
- Previous experience in operating a cash register is desirable
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to communicate in spoken conversation, adequate volume speech, and have normal hearing for conversation.
- Ability to be independently mobile on all surfaces and situations, to move safely about the work area.
- The ability to stand/walk a majority of the work day.
- Visual acuity, depth perception and field of vision within normal range.
- Have the physical stamina to lift, carry, push, and pull objects weighing up to 50#, frequently up to 25 #.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to follow directions of supervisor
- Ability to deal with people in an efficient manner.
- Ability to meet, interact, and cooperate with other workers in a pleasant and friendly manner.
- Ability to accurately count money and perform cash register functions.
HOURS: Variable over seven-day week. Will include some evenings, weekends and holidays.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long & Short Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Vacation, Holiday, and Sick pay, Matching 403b Retirement.
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer/and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status/Drug Free Employer.
To apply for this job please visit goodwillne.org.