Goodwill is currently paying a possible total $600 sign-on bonus payable in
$200 increments following 2 week, 30 day and 60 days of completed employment! Join our team today!
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for providing training, assistance and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities receiving Goodwill services in vocational, community, and home settings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (NOTE: Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodation will be made.)
- Provide information for assessments of consumer strengths and areas of need.
- Provide information to assist the individual program planning team to establish services, goals and objectives to meet each person’s needs and personal goals.
- Provide training and support as determined by the Individual Program Plan.
- Provide on-going support and assistance to consumers in vocational and community settings, as well as, in-home services.
- Maintain standards of safety for consumers while participating in the program.
- Maintain all needed documentation and records including Therapy (electronic case management system) within required time frame.
- Quality control of contract work and assuring contract completion (may involve lifting of up to 50 lbs.).
- Assist with mobility of participants including loading/unloading wheelchairs in vehicles and operating lifts to aid in the transfer of individuals.
- Project a positive image of the organization and persons with disabilities in the community; promote inclusion.
- Timely arrival at the workplace and consistent attendance.
- Provides consumer transportation as assigned.
- Perform work activities in conformance to Goodwill Values Statement which includes the values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Stewardship, Learning, Teamwork and Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Immediately report any wrongdoing, unethical or improper conduct, fraud, fiscal mismanagement or misappropriation of funds, etc. (Refer to the Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure for instructions on how to report.)
- Encourage and do not hinder in any way an employee making a report pertaining to Goodwill’s Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure or making a report of work injury.
- Ensure no employee is retaliated against in any way as a result of making a report related to Goodwill’s Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure or making a report of work injury.
- Welcome and embrace cultural diversity in all areas of Goodwill, i.e. customers, donors volunteers, employees, or participants served.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience/knowledge of rehabilitation for persons with disabilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A valid driver’s license issued in the state of Nebraska and meets all insurance requirements.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to communicate in spoken conversation, adequate volume speech, and have normal hearing for conversation, telephone use and emergency information systems.
- Ability to be independently mobile on all surfaces and situations, to move safely about the work area.
- Visual acuity, depth perception and field of vision within normal range.
- Physical stamina to be standing and safely lift objects up to 50 pounds.
- Have the physical stamina to work at least 8 hours per day and be able to travel to conferences, seminars, etc.
- Ability to load/unload wheelchairs from accessible vehicles, transfer individuals from a wheelchair to stationary chair, and assist in personal needs.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to complete necessary records to perform job duties.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions using personal judgment and creative thinking.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge to inspect products and perform quality control.
- Skills in activities involving teaching and observing; ability to communicate effectively using both oral and writing skills.
- Ability to work with individuals who have learning, comprehension, communication, emotional, as well as physical or mobility limitation.
- Ability to work with people who have behavior issues and may become physically aggressive.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties which change frequently.
- Ability to work in a wide variety of industrial or employment situations to assist in the training of individuals, to include performing physical demands or duties at that site.
- Ability to utilize the Microsoft Office programs to complete required documentation.
- Skills in activities involving assessment techniques.
HOURS: Hours /Days but will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE: Matching 403b Retirement
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer/and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status/Drug Free Employer.
To apply for this job please visit goodwillne.org.