Goodwill is currently paying a possible total $600 sign-on bonus payable in
$200 increments following 2 week, 30 day and 60 days of completed employment! Join our team today!
HOURS: Full Time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for acquiring items, writing descriptions, taking photos, uploading pictures to computer & the ShopGoodwill / Ebay / Amazon online marketplaces, answering customer questions, providing excellent customer service, and tracking online merchandise.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (NOTE: Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodation will be made.)
a. Accept donated books from various areas such as the recycling center and retail stores for scanning.
b. Scan books to be listed online using applicable software used for book processing and appropriately accept and reject books for online sites.
2. Specialty Items/Jewelry
a. Recognize brand stamps (i.e. high end, vintage and trendy).
b. Operate jewelry testing equipment such as the Gem tester and Niton Analyzer.
c. Upload images using Neatoscan and other programs.
d. Utilize other sites to gather information on items.
3. Online Auctions
a. Develop and maintain up to date knowledge base of antiques and salable merchandise.
b. Produce accurate and succinct descriptions of items that are to be put on ShopGoodwill and other auction sites.
c. Upload pictures and descriptions to ShopGoodwill and other auction sites as directed.
4. Process goods to sell on the internet.
5. Meet daily goals in the areas worked in – keeping quality appropriate.
6. Shelve/place items appropriately onto shelves in accordance with inventory tracking utilizing an alpha/numerical library coding system and pull sold items from inventory as directed.
7. Count, log and read accurately.
8. Provide excellent customer service to both internal customers (employees) and external customers (retail customers).
9. Answer customer questions and follow-up on customer complaints as instructed by the E-Commerce Manager.
10. Communicate known customer issues with Management in a timely manner.
11. Work independently while maintaining an orderly work environment.
12. Operate computer software for listing items on the internet.
13. Return store merchandise not accepted for sale as directed.
14. Take clear and detailed photos to show buyer/potential buyers small details.
15. Package and ship items in a timely manner. Track packages through shipping systems by individual tracking numbers.
16. Perform work activities in conformance to Goodwill Values Statement which includes the values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Stewardship, Learning, Teamwork and Entrepreneurial Spirit.
17. Immediately report any wrongdoing, unethical or improper conduct, fraud, fiscal mismanagement or misappropriation of funds, etc. (Refer to the Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure for instructions on how to report.)
18. Encourage and do not hinder in any way an employee making a report pertaining to Goodwill’s Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure or making a report of work injury.
19. Ensure no employee is retaliated against in any way as a result of making a report related to Goodwill’s Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure or making a report of work injury.
20. Welcome and embrace cultural diversity in all areas of Goodwill, i.e. customers, donors, volunteers, employees, or participants served.
21. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Intermediate level of reading, writing, and math skills.
- Proficient keyboarding and computer skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Amazon, EBay, and other Auction platforms.
- Working knowledge of precious metals, gem stones, and synthetics is preferred although the ability/desire to attain that knowledge is necessary.
- Photography experience is a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Skilled in communicating in spoken conversation – adequate volume speech.
- Visual acuity, depth perception, field of vision within normal range and accurate color vision. Ability to perceive size, review content of books, and
very detail oriented.
- Normal hearing required for conversation, telephone use, and emergency information systems.
- Be able to move safely about work area and be ambulatory on all surfaces and situations.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs occasionally and up to 25 lbs. frequently. Push and/or pull up to 800 lbs. an average of 4 times per day with a pallet jack or power jack.
- Bilateral use of hands for repetitive single grasp and release tasks and fine manipulation and typing.
- Have full active range of motion of all extremities, ability to reach above and below shoulders, ability to bend/squat, twist, kneel.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to change routine in a positive manner.
- Ability to follow through on assignments independently and have excellent organizational skills.
- Work output must be at a competitive level.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in an effort to maintain a safe work environment.
HOURS: Variable and Flexible (some evenings, weekends and holidays may be required)
EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long & Short Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Vacation, Holiday, and Sick pay, Matching 403b Retirement
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer/and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status/Drug Free Employer.
To apply for this job please visit goodwillne.org.