Goodwill is currently paying a possible total $600 sign-on bonus payable in
$200 increments following 2 week, 30 day and 60 days of completed employment! Join our team today!
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Assist individuals who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness and/or have mental health or substance uses diagnoses in accessing Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), and health insurance to maximize their quality of life.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (NOTE: Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodation will be made).
- Obtain the SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, and Recovery (SOAR) certification and participate in ongoing SOAR training.
- Provide outreach to Regional providers and partners to increase awareness and identify potential referrals.
- Build collaborative relationships with medical doctors, psychiatrists, and other specialists to obtain support for application process.
- Engage individuals referred in a welcoming manner to aide in gathering health history, disability related information, and work history and barriers.
- Provide intensive assistance to individuals in completing applications for SSI and SSDI.
- Gather medical documentation and create a Medical Summary Report to aide in the application success.
- Accompany individuals to appointments at the Social Security Administration.
- Provide problem solving and advocacy when appropriate as an individual’s representative.
- Assist individuals in accessing available health insurance options through Medicaid, Medicare, and the marketplace.
- Maintain knowledge of funding sources and complete related documentation requirements accordingly.
- Complete and maintain individual records according to required timelines.
- Project a positive image of Goodwill and people with disabilities.
- Adhere to ethical standards.
- Maintain a level of productivity that meets revenue requirements.
- Maintain all needed documentation and records, meeting HIPAA, PHI and other confidentiality requirements as defined by law, the Social Security Administration or Goodwill policies and procedures.
- Meet attendance and appearance requirements per Goodwill policies.
- Perform work activities in conformance to Goodwill Values Statement which includes the values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Stewardship, Learning, Teamwork and Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Immediately report any wrongdoing, unethical or improper conduct, fraud, fiscal mismanagement or misappropriation of funds, etc. (Refer to the Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure for instructions on how to report.)
- Encourage and do not hinder in any way an employee making a report pertaining to Goodwill’s Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure or making a report of work injury.
- Ensure no employee is retaliated against in any way as a result of making a report related to Goodwill’s Corporate Compliance Program Policy and Procedure or making a report of work injury.
- Welcome and embrace cultural diversity in all areas of Goodwill, i.e. customers, donors, volunteers, employees, or participants served.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in related field preferred.
- High School education with a minimum of two years of experience in human services field or lived experience required.
- Certification by the SOAR Works within 60 days of hire.
- Familiarity with medical and psychiatric terminology preferred.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Experience in client documentation and case management preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license issued in the State of Nebraska and meet insurance requirements.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet frequent deadlines.
- High degree of organization and problem solving ability.
- Ability to coordinate a complex array of activities and services.
- Professional demeanor
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to communicate in spoken conversation, adequate volume speech, and have normal hearing for conversation, telephone use, and emergency information systems.
- Visual acuity, depth perception and field vision within normal range.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices.
- Physical stamina to work at least eight (8) hours per day and be able to travel to for meetings.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to communicate technical information in an understandable manner.
- Ability to change routine in a positive manner.
- Ability to follow through on assignments independently.
- Good organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability.
- Ability to maintain good work attendance and stable daily work behaviors.
- Ability to respond in emergency situations.
- Adequate personal coping skills.
- Ability to complete necessary record keeping, reports, and other documentation using PC, including use of MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to work positively with individuals with disabilities and their supports
HOURS: Forty (40) hours per week. Variable days and evenings as necessary to work with individuals and stakeholders.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long & Short Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Vacation, Holiday, and Sick pay, Matching 403b Retirement
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer/and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status/Drug Free Employer.
To apply for this job please visit goodwillne.org.